[2020-03-18 17:30-23:30 PDT] VCEA IT General Scheduled Maintenance – Network Infrastructure Maintenance
Update (03/19/2020 — 02:30 PDT):
** This Maintenance is Complete **
With it being Spring Break and there being an expected increase of network activity for the rest of the semester, we are planning on rolling out switch firmware updates & configuration changes to improve overall network stability and security.
POC: VCEA Systems Team (Andrew Bates)
What: Config & Firmware update all VCEA infrastructure switches.
- ALL VCEA switches in EME server room.
- ALL VCEA switches in SLOAN server room.
- Start: Wednesday March 18, 2020 17:30 (5:30 pm PDT)
- End: Wednesday March 18, 2020 23:30 (11:30 pm PDT)
- Duration of outage: 15-30 minutes per switch.
- Maintenance may not take the entire window. A notification will be sent once maintenance is complete. We will be starting with EME systems and then move to SLOAN systems.
Affected resources: VCEA & Departmental hosted sites, VMs, network shares, and remote connection services.
Affected users: Due to the redundant nature of our server rooms and virtual infrastructure, end users should at most be disconnected from various VCEA services for 15-30 minutes during this maintenance window.
Notification procedures: Users will be notified with an email response when maintenance is complete, or if there are issues / complications. Users will be notified by email if this maintenance is rescheduled.
Follow-up actions required (end user): None. Should end-users encounter problems with services after the maintenance window is over, they should contact the VCEA Helpdesk:
- online at support.vcea.wsu.edu
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by phone at (509) 335-6773